Monday, January 15, 2007

Love as a curse. An obsession that binds the heart, blinds the eyes, and blinds the mind…


Even Midnight told that she will find a way, actually she don’t have any option. She can’t find a clue, even when she tried to approach the wolf.

“Um… hello? Mrs Wolf? Can we talk?” Midnight blocked her face with her arm; avoiding the ice hitting her face. Midnight realized the wolf is so depressed, that she didn’t realize Midnight presence near her.

The suddenly voice brought the wolf shock, looking for the source and on guard herself. Growling with awareness.

“I came here with peace.”

“…..grrrrl… someone who talks with us. Still, don’t trust them at all. Who are you? Beast master?”

“Pardon me for my rudeness. I’m called Midnight Myth. And no, I’m not one of the beast master. Druid, it is.”

“Grr.. servant of nature. So what you want; dare to face the storm of ours.”

Yeah, yeah. We called it Silver Cry.

“I came to you because of that. You see, this blizzard is starting to disturb the balance. As information, winter is still 4 months ahead. So, with all respect, can you stop it?” Midnight felt so stupid asking that rhetoric question. Wolf’s pride is so high, so she took the chance for letting her “knee down’” for taking the wolf heart.

The wolf silenced. She smiled a bit. Let her guard down. She knew Midnight isn’t giving her any harm. “My, my, that’s the best humor I had for months…” Somehow, Midnight felt embarrassed. “But I’m sorry dear, it won’t happen. Even a druid won’t stop me.” She turned. “If that’s all your business, please leave.”

Midnight felt so stupid for her move. Idiot! Think, think…!! She never good with persuading. She barely talked with human being by arranging words into sentences. “I’m sorry, but I can’t do that. You know this is wrong. We both know. Nature has its own law. We shouldn’t mess with it. And what you did were too far.”

“Then tell your people too not messing up with nature itself!!??!” Her tone is full of anger, disappointment, and grief. Midnight realized that something bad happened; maybe just like the fairy tale.

“I’m sorry for disappointing you. But I’m not representing any of them.” Midnight’s voice felt so cold.

The wolf turn back again, and giving Midnight a look. She suddenly realized that the girl in front of her is different from the ordinary humans. A posture of an ideal human. Red hair. The eccentric ears from the elves. The attractive aura that elves have. And the most beautiful eyes she ever saw : a pair of golden eyes.

“..half-elf..” The wolf amazed. Even Half-elves are rare race in this realm, but what amazed her most is Midnight’s golden eyes. “You…” Somehow a feeling of coldness drive in the wolf body.

Golden eyes. Some tales have been told that a pair of golden eyes represent a powerful force. A force that can bring the realm drown into darkness. And else said that golden eyes represent of unforgivable sin. The sin that comes along within the vain. Which one is the truth, she didn’t know.

“…I’m sorry dear.. I..”
“…I came to you to stop this blizzard.” Midnight cut her line. She knew that the wolf is wondering her appearance, which she didn’t want to talk about it.

The wolf shut. “I can’t.. I have to find my kids..”

Midnight already understand the case. She lost her kids. She wanted to find them; by calling them to her. By counting how long this blizzard had been start, it’s already about months. She won’t find them. Probably, they already dead because starving, or being prey by bigger animal. Or the worst.. killed by the hunters. No hope.

“Impossible.. it’s..”
“Please! Leave me!!” The wolf is getting impatient. Or actually she’s denying the fact which I’m about to speak out… The fact that she has no hope to find her kids… Poor thing.

I felt that I can’t do anything more to convince her… maybe at this point, I should take my foot back first…. Maybe Moon will give me something.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger ikitamara said...

jeng myth...ayo diterusin lagi ceritanya ^o^/
kinda menambah vocabku ^_~v
hueheheee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home